2. Once the top half is clipped up, put the bottom half in a low ponytail at your nape.
6. Once the ponytail is backcombed, use your fingers to roll the ends of the hair upwards, creating a chignon.
8. Let down the top half of your hair and create a deep side part.
10. Pull all of the hair from the top half loosely back and twist it one time, pushing it upwards and towards your scalp to create more volume. Secure it with bobby pins so it rests right on top of the chignon.
12. Gently loosen some small hairs around your face to soften the front.